San Miguel de Allende, Mexico 2017
Sketching and Watercolour Painting
March 23 – April 2, 2017
Join us for a wonderful painting holiday in this lovely historic town located in the heartland of old Spanish Mexico. San Miguel de Allende is very safe, friendly and welcoming with wonderful restaurants and warm, sunny weather. The bright colours, colonial architecture and lush parks and gardens offer stimulating subject matter that attracts artists from all over the world. Take a look at some photos from previous workshops.
Our previous visits were very successful and many participants keep coming back. Our workshop focuses on watercolour painting, pen and ink sketching and pen drawing with wash. This workshop is for participants with some previous experience in their chosen medium. Participants working in other media are very welcome, as are non-painting partners and friends. Demonstrations, individual attention and constructive critiques are essential elements of this creative learning experience. Click here to see What To Expect from a Barry Coombs painting holiday.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN? Barry has extensive teaching experience and is able to bring out the best in painters of different levels of skill and experience. He will introduce participants to new ideas and approaches to plein air painting and is very well-known for his insightful critiques. His solid grounding in the traditional fundamentals of drawing, watercolour technique, colour and composition benefits all participants. His own watercolours, featured in the April 2013 issue of the UK’s Leisure Painter magazine, are colourful and playful and loosely inspired by Cubism. At some point in every workshop, he will discuss his recent work and is quite happy to provide guidance to anyone interested in trying this fascinating creative process.
A graduate of the Ontario College of Art, Barry Coombs has led painting holidays in Quebec and Maritime Canada for twenty years as well as many international workshops in England, Italy, France, Greece and Mexico. He is noted for his positive and constructive attitude and ability to work with students of all levels of skill and experience. Barry exhibits his work locally and internationally and represented Canada at the G20 World Artist Festival in Seoul, South Korea in 2010.
Click here for photos of past San Miguel de Allende painting holidays.
OUR EXCELLENT MARLIN TRAVEL PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Roundtrip Airfare from Toronto direct to Mexico City with Air Canada (other departure cities may be possible!)
• Roundtrip Ground Transfers
• 10 Nights Accommodation at our Conveniently Located 4 Star Hotel
• Full Breakfasts at Hotel
• Welcome Dinner with 2 Margaritas
• Farewell Dinner with Drinks
• Tuition/Workshop Fee
• All Taxes
TRAVEL PACKAGE PRICE:
• $3050. – Double Occupancy (Painter)
• $2850. – Double Occupancy (Non-painter)
• $3449. – Single Occupancy (Painter)
• $3249. – Single Occupancy (Non-painter)
THE TRAVEL PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Insurance (travel/cancellation insurance is strongly recommended)
• Meals and Beverages not listed above
• Local Transportation (Allow $25)
***All prices are based on a minimum group size of 12 participants. If the minimum group size is not attained an additional supplement may apply. Participants will be advised at time of final payment.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1) Contact Barry Coombs using the form below or at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot on a first-come, first-serve basis and to receive a registration number. Marlin Travel will not enroll you without a registration number.
2) Call our Marlin Travel agent after I provide you with a registration number and his name and telephone number.
3) Pay non-refundable $500 travel package deposit to Marlin Travel; due immediately. The purchase of travel/cancellation insurance is also highly recommended and payable at time of deposit.
4) Pay travel package balance to Marlin Travel; due January 16, 2017. The balance is non-refundable unless you have purchased cancellation insurance.